When you ride along Chapman’s Peak Drive, Cape Town’s spectacular pass that rivals the most beautiful in the world, you’ll pass a corner and there it is – and endless beach with the whitest of white sand. Now imagine riding a horse here, splashing through the shallows and trotting over the sand…
The horses and riders are a familiar sight in Noordhoek, the rural settlement with its tranquil air. Book your trip and arrive 45 minutes early for a safety talk, and to be kitted out with the right equipment. All our horses are well trained and rider-friendly. We’ll start our ride from Noordhoek, through the wetlands rich in birdlife and onto the beach, where you can visit the Kakapoa ship wreck.
- Each trail is two hours long and we take up to six people with an experienced trail guide
- A minimum age of 12 years and a maximum weight of 95kg and age of 65 apply
- All riders are required to wear riding hats which we do provide and there is no galloping permitted on the beach
- Riders may trot and canter
- Riders must wear long pants and a closed shoe or boots with a slight heal
- Novice and experienced riders are equally welcome
How do you get there?
Make your own way to Noordhoek.
Horse riding departure time:
9 am, 1pm and 4 pm (arrive 45 minutes prior to departure time)
We are responsible for:
- All equipment
- Experienced guide